Monday 28 July 2014

It's been a while...

So, haven't really blogged for a bit. The biggest news is that I had to have Molee put to sleep. Her arthritis got to the point where even standing was causing her a lot of pain, so I took the decision to put her out of her misery. As much as it has left me totally devastated, I am happy I was able to ease her pain and send her to sleep, knowing that she was loved.

I now have her ashes, which I can't yet bring myself to scatter.

Other than the obvious, the biggest downside to Molee passing away is that the young cats are totally out of control. Molee used to be the one to bitch slap them into shape when they got too boisterous. And without her to keep them in control they are running wild.

But, the one thing that has helped is letting them outside. They are roaming free and loving it. I even get presents, in the form of mice and bunnies. They hate being indoors now, so when I'm home I leave a window open so they can come and go, and when I'm at work, I leave them out, but with one of the kennels open with a pillow and a throw and a bowl of water in for them.

Boo enjoying the great outdoors.

They are due their boosters and flea/worm treatment in a couple of weeks, so that will be fun.

In non-cat news, I started skating again yesterday, and am feeling it today!! I am also dealing with some medical stuff, which will hopefully get resolved soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment